Preferred Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Master’s degree in Business or related field
· Professional certifications, such as CPA or CMA
· Experience with accounting and business operations at Higher Education institutions
· Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
· Knowledge of Human Resources practices.
· Skill in business planning and management.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Ability to develop and implement creative revenue-generation plans, programs, and initiatives.
· Ability to research, analyze, and conceptualize long-term information systems needs on an organizational basis.
· Skills in employee development and performance management, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
· Advanced project management and leadership skills.
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the operational characteristics and requirements of an academic branch campus.
· Familiar with a diverse, multi-cultural environment
· Commitment to working with others for the overall good of UNM-LA
· Humor, grace, resilience and a persona that exhibits accessibility, kindness, and humility.