|Hiring Department||Psychology Department (765A)|
|Academic Location||College of Arts & Sciences|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
The Department of Psychology at The University of New Mexico (UNM) invites applications for an Evolutionary Psychology position at the Assistant Professor level for a full-time, tenure-track appointment targeted to begin August 1, 2020. Candidates must have earned a doctoral degree in Psychology or a related discipline at the time of appointment and a demonstrated interest in Evolutionary Psychology are considered minimum qualifications for this position.
Successful candidates for this position will be expected to teach and mentor at the undergraduate and graduate levels. We are particularly interested in a candidate who will complement existing areas of strength and research interests within the department, including (but not limited to) individual differences, physiology and neurobiology, developmental processes, psychopathology, and human sexuality. A track record of external funding and/or potential to obtain external funding is also desirable. The successful candidate will have numerous opportunities for collaboration within the Psychology Department, with the Anthropology Department, and with several thriving research centers affiliated with UNM, including the Psychology Clinical Neuroscience Center; the Mind Research Network; the Brain and Behavioral Health Institute; and the UNM Health Sciences Center. Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
· Candidates must have earned a doctoral degree in Psychology or a related discipline at the time of appointment.
· A demonstrated interest in Evolutionary Psychology
1) Teaching and mentoring excellence, experience in designing and teaching courses at the undergraduate, graduate levels;
2) Established record of peer-reviewed publications;
3) Research fit, as evidenced by publications and ongoing research in content areas that complement those already present in our department;
4) Departmental fit, as evidenced by a strong record in teaching or research that creates opportunities for collaboration with other faculty in the Psychology Department and on campus;
5) Research funding, track record of external funding or potential for external funding;
6) Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
|Application Instructions||Applicants should submit cover letter, CV, description of current and planned research, teaching statement, and diversity statement via the UNM website: https://unmjobs.unm.edu, posting requisition req10576. Three letters of recommendation must be sent directly to the department (MSC03-2220, Dept. Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the for best consideration date of November 15, 2019.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 11/15/2019. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
| ||HEJ D&I|