|Hiring Department||Mathematics Statistics (869A)|
|Academic Location||College of Arts & Sciences|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
The Department seeks to hire a 3 year Visiting Assistant Professor in Pure Mathematics to begin August 17, 2020.
Preference will be given to those candidates whose research interests match those of our current Pure Mathematics faculty. The ability to collaborate and interact scientifically with others is also desirable.
The faculty member will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level in Pure Mathematics.
We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to diversity through their teaching and research. An interest in mathematics education is a plus.
· A Ph.D. in mathematics by the appointment start date.
· A strong independent research program and an emerging national/international reputation, or in the case of very junior candidates, expectation of such;
· A strong commitment to teaching and the expectation of quality teaching ability with an interest in mathematics education;
· Expected contributions to research in areas of interest to the Department. Ability to collaborate and interact scientifically with others.
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
|Application Instructions||To apply visit the UNMJobs website: https://unmjobs.unm.edu
Please reference Posting Number 10581. A completed application requires an application letter, CV, teaching and research statements. Applicants must also arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent by surface mail to:
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Pure Math Search Committee
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
For best consideration applications, including three letters of recommendation, should be received by December 1, however the position will remain open until filled.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 11/15/2019. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
| ||HEJ D&I|