|Faculty Type||Open Rank|
|Hiring Department||CULLS OILS (375C)|
|Academic Location||College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
Open Ranked Professor in Organization Development/Human Resource Development or Learning Design
The faculty member will teach primarily graduate courses, either online or face-to-face, in one or more of the following curricular areas: workplace learning, organizational development and learning, human resource development, program evaluation, instructional design and technology, learning sciences, and other closely related areas. This faculty member will also serve as the primary advisor to assigned graduate students and serve on or chair thesis and dissertation committees in the Organization, Information, and Learning Sciences (OILS) program. The individual should have experience working and consulting with organizations—especially business and industry and interdisciplinary scholarly collaboration. The individual should have commitments to and passion for building and maintaining relations between OILS and organizations in New Mexico and elsewhere to support research and teaching. In addition, the individual should be interested in pursuing extramural funding.
UNM is a Tier I Research Institution and a Hispanic-Serving Institution, which is located in Albuquerque. Albuquerque is a unique city with a blend of traditions, people, and cultures. The city has fantastic local cuisine, a variety of art galleries, sporting events, and easy access to a myriad of outdoor recreational opportunities. For more information about UNM and the community, please see https://advance.unm.edu/why-unm/.
- Conduct research in OILS areas such as workplace learning, organizational learning, human resource development, industrial and organizational psychology, learning sciences, or learning design and technology.
- Teaching load of 4 courses per academic year within the OILS program, primarily in the graduate degree programs.
- Advise master’s and doctoral-level graduate students specializing in OILS focus areas
- Provide service to the program, college, university, and community
- Participate in faculty governance as detailed in the UNM Faculty Handbook
Education and Experience
- Earned doctorate by start date in organization learning, human resource development, workplace learning, industrial and organizational psychology, social psychology, organizational development, learning sciences, learning design, or a closely related field.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Evidence of excellence or potential for excellence in recent scholarship on workplace learning, organizational learning, human resource development, industrial and organizational psychology, learning sciences, or learning design and technology.
- Evidence of excellence or potential for excellence in teaching graduate courses in the core curricular areas (workplace learning, organizational learning, human resource development, industrial and organizational psychology, learning sciences, or learning design and technology) and both online and face-to-face.
- Evidence of excellence in interdisciplinary scholarly collaboration
- A commitment to and passion for building and maintaining relations between OILS and organizations—especially business & industry—in New Mexico and elsewhere to support research and teaching
- Evidence of excellence or potential for excellence in supervising and advising graduate students.
- Evidence of excellence or potential for excellence in pursuing extramural funding.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, especially for diverse adult learners and communities.
|Application Instructions||Please prepare the following documents: CV, two recent publications, cover letter addressing each minimum and preferred qualification, a list of three professional references including email and phone contact information, and transcripts of all graduate collegiate coursework (unofficial copies will be accepted)
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 10/17/2019. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.