The University of New Mexico’s (UNM) Planning, Design & Construction (PDC) seeks a Construction Cost Estimator to join our vibrant, committed team of professionals who support the built environment at UNM. The Construction Cost Estimator will facilitate and coordinate the development of accurate, timely and detailed cost estimates in the execution of major and minor capital and construction projects at all University property and leased sites.
UNM PDC provides seamless delivery of professional support services to internal clients using best practices in capital project planning, development, and construction.
Duties of the Construction Cost Estimator will include, but are not limited to:
· Providing all levels of estimating, including: Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates for planning and programming, design estimates and construction document and bid estimates;
· Analyzing or preparing estimates for multiple construction projects with varied scopes including costs, materials, labor, bid documentation and specifications associated with each project;
· Assisting in the coordination of project implementation as a member of various project teams;
· Supporting project managers in estimate verification and ;
· Serving as subject-matter expert to internal and external constituents as it relates to cost estimating;
· Staying informed of current construction trends and cost estimate forecasting.
See the Position Description for additional information.