|Working Title||HVAC Tech 2|
||Performs routine repairs and maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems including air distribution machinery, pneumatic and digital controls, hot and chilled water distribution, and variable volume systems. Independently employs specially designed software and remote computer links to monitor systems and troubleshoot malfunctions.
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
- Possession of a valid New Mexico driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Must maintain certification status.
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Possession of a current New Mexico State Journeyman's Refrigeration License (JR), EPA Universal Refrigerant Recovery Certification, and one HVAC-related Journeyman's trade licenses or equivalent military experience.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience performing:
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of refrigeration units/systems.
- Maintenance and repair procedures for digitally controlled HVAC systems featuring programmable logic controls.
- Major component replacement work in conjunction with central energy management and controls operators.
- Troubleshooting and repairing building distribution systems including low pressure steam distribution, heat exchangers, hot and cold deck systems, air handlers, and pneumatic and digital controls.
- Seasonal overhauls and instructing repair teams.
***Salary negotiable depending on experience and licenses***
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||PPD UNM Cancer Center (821E9)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||Hourly: $13.62 - $20.43|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/20/2017|
|Application Instructions||•It is required that your application reflects under the Education and Employment. History sections that you meet the minimum qualifications for this posting (***Salary negotiable depending on experience and licenses***)
•Please include ALL previous relevant work experience on your application & resume (Do not limit it to only your most recent employers).
•Please list three (3) supervisory references and their contact number on your application.