|Working Title||HVAC Tech 2|
The Physical Plant Department (PPD) is seeking a self-motivated and professional HVAC Tech 2 to join our team. The ideal candidate will perform routine repairs and maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air
conditioning (HVAC) systems including air distribution machinery, pneumatic and digital controls, hot and chilled water distribution, and variable volume systems. This position is also responsible to employ specially designed software and remote computer links to monitor systems and troubleshoot malfunctions in addition to other job-related duties as assigned.
PPD is responsible for the care and upkeep of the physical campus environment. Additionally, the
department maintains the University’s district energy system providing electricity, steam, chilled water and domestic water through its own distribution systems.
To learn more about the PPD visit: https://ppd.unm.edu/
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
- Possession of a valid New Mexico driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Must maintain certification status.
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Possession of a current New Mexico State Journeyman's Refrigeration License (JR), EPA Universal Refrigerant Recovery Certification, and one HVAC-related Journeyman's trade licenses or equivalent military experience.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of refrigeration units/systems.
- Maintenance and repair procedures for digitally controlled HVAC systems featuring programmable logic controls.
- Major component replacement work in conjunction with central energy management and controls operators.
- Troubleshooting and repairing building distribution systems including low pressure steam distribution, heat exchangers, hot and cold deck systems, air handlers, and pneumatic and digital controls.
- Seasonal overhauls and instructing repair teams.
***Salary negotiable depending on experience and licenses***
|Additional Requirements||Application must reflect ALL completed education, certifications, and/or licensures to reflect you meet the minimum qualifications for this job.
***Salary negotiable depending on experience and licenses***|
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||PPD UNM Cancer Center (821E9)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||Hourly: $13.62 - $20.43|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||12/1/2017|
|Application Instructions||Please attach: current resume, cover letter and reference list of three (3) prior supervisors and their contact information.|
| ||HEJ D&I|