||Univ Marketing Rep, Sr
The University of New Mexico seeks a senior marketing representative to work in a collaborative environment within the University Communication and Marketing Department (UCAM), with a specific focus on the academic units of the UNM Health Sciences Center (HSC); these include the School of Medicine, College of Nursing, College of Pharmacy and College of Population Health.
The senior marketing representative works under the management of the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer and the Director of University Marketing to develop and execute UNM/HSC marketing strategies and initiatives designed to enhance the HSC academic units’ ties to both internal and external constituencies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Act as a liaison between the HSC academic units and UCAM, including and involving other necessary HSC personnel throughout the process. With limited supervision, strategize with appropriate administrators and marketing professionals to manage, develop and implement a marketing communications plan for the HSC academic units within the context of the UNM integrated marketing communications plan.
- Plan, create, deploy and measure marketing initiatives.
- Provide marketing support requested by HSC academic units.
- Liaise with external agencies for media buying, creative, development and production.
- Design marketing collateral to be used across a wide variety of media.
- Plan and develop social media content for Health Sciences academic units.
- Write ad copy for various marketing collateral and promotional campaigns.
- Coordinate edit and proofread all assigned projects including but not limited to advertisements, newsletters, brochures, informational sheets or digital content.
- Work with photographers, videographers and other professional service providers in the development of marketing content, and in coordination with other UCAM staff.
- Provide marketing/communications support for HSC academic unit events.
Expertise with marketing and communications technology, including various social media platforms and design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) is strongly preferred. Macintosh computer experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other basic software preferred. Portfolio required.
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Qualified candidates must be able to work in an integrated marketing communication team environment and have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Candidates must be able to interact well with a diverse faculty and staff and student population in a professional and productive manner, and create positive working relationships across campus and within UCAM. The ideal candidate will be:
- able to manage concurrent projects;
- a consummate professional and an effective strategic marketing and communications practitioner;
- an excellent communicator, writer, strategic thinker and planner with strong problem-solving skills;
- motivated and possess a strong desire to advance the University of New Mexico and the UNM Health Sciences Center;
- adept at assuming responsibility and ownership of their work;
- passionate about their work and results driven.
Applicants must have a minimum of three years of experience
directly related to the position.
||Main - Albuquerque, NM
||Univ Communication & Marketing (248A)
||Regular - Full-Time
|Term End Date
||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
|Background Check Required
|For Best Consideration Date
||Please attach a current resume, cover letter and portfolio. Portfolio should include design and writing samples.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.