|Working Title||Supv,Grounds & Landscaping|
The Physical Plant Department (PPD) is responsible for the care and upkeep of the physical campus environment. Additionally, the department is responsible to maintains the University’s district energy system providing electricity, steam, chilled water and domestic water through its own distribution systems.
PPD has great opportunity for a Supervisor, Grounds & Landscaping to join our team. We are looking for a well-versed, detail oriented, and results-driven individual who will supervise the operational maintenance activities of the campus grounds and landscape areas which may include recreational and athletic fields; oversee the daily activities of grounds and landscaping paraprofessional and service personnel. In addition, must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
- Possession of a valid New Mexico driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- As a CDL driver, the employee will be required to comply with all provisions of DOT Regulation 49 CFR Parts 40 and 382, including random drug and alcohol testing.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- NM Irrigation License (CID) JS-MS-6 and City of Albuquerque Backflow Prevention Certificate must be attained within one year of date of hire.
- Possession of a valid New Mexico Commercial Driver's License (CDL) must be attained within one year of date of hire.
- Possession of State of NM Ornamental and Turf Pest Control Licenses in Insecticides and fungicides (3A), and Herbacides (3B) must be attained within one year of date of hire.
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Preferred Qualifications: Over three (3) years of experience in the following.
- Experience in supervising, directing and training employees in a landscape maintenance operation setting.
- Knowledge and experience in landscape equipment operation and maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of horticultural and turf maintenance, best management practices.
- Knowledge and experience in landscape irrigation programming, repairs and water conservation practices.
- Experience in pesticide and fertilization practices and applications as well as required NMDA records management requirements.
- Experience and knowledge in ensuring applicable safety procedures and requirements are followed.
- Experience with implementing and performing snow removal operations. Ability to organize and allocate resources and establish priorities.
•Reference list of three (3) prior supervisors and their contact information
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||PPD Grounds (821C0)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||Hourly: $14.98 - $22.47 |
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/10/2017|
|Application Instructions||• It is required that your application reflects ALL completed education, certifications, and/or licensures to reflect you meet the minimum qualifications for this posting.
• Please include ALL previous relevant work experience on your application (Do not limit it to only your most recent employers).
| ||HEJ D&I|