|Working Title||Operations Manager|
AMENDMENT: The For Best Consideration Date has been extended to 08/14/2017
The School of Law seeks a dependable, motivated professional for the position of Operations Manager, Clinical Law Program. This person will serve in a key role overseeing Clinic daily operations, ensuring compliance with UNM policies and state/federal court rules and processes, managing Clinic staff personnel, monitoring budgets and accounting activities, assisting with grant coordination, and directing the law student Clinic section placement process, among other duties. The Operations Manager provides direct support to the faculty Clinic Director and assists with or oversees administrative support provided to other Clinic faculty. This position requires the highest attention to detail, the ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding both client and student records and information, and knowledge of law firm best practices in record keeping, communications with the court and opposing counsel, and client management.
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience managing at least one of the following functional areas: fiscal services, administration and/or human resources AND 3 years of additional experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience in law office or legal services management, with working knowledge of Amicus Attorney.
- Experience with tracking and meeting legal deadlines (response dates for pleadings, hearing dates, discovery deadlines, etc.).
- Experience with electronic filings in both state and federal courts.
- 5 or more years working in a legal setting with clients, judges, attorneys, court personnel and other legal professionals, handling confidential materials.
- Familiarity with a wide range of case types including family law, juvenile, criminal, landlord/tenant disputes, breach of contract, bankruptcy, and immigration.
- 5 or more years of experience supervising staff.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and record keeping.
- Knowledge of grant coordination and related UNM processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Access.
- Spanish-speaking is not required but is a plus.
|Additional Requirements||Official transcripts, High school diploma or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||School of Law (588A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3434.31 to $4940.00/month, DOE|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required|
|For Best Consideration Date||8/9/2017|
|Application Instructions||Please submit a resume and cover letter. Please provide at least 3 to 5 supervisory references. |