|Faculty Type||Open Rank|
|Hiring Department||Psych UPC Clinic-UNM PC-MHC/Adult (451F)|
|Academic Location||School of Medicine|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences is seeking a candidate to establish a research program in our Division of Behavioral Health Consultation and Integration, suitable for appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate or full Professor. The position includes the opportunity for generous protected research time. Other opportunities such as clinical and teaching activities are available depending upon candidate’s interests and qualifications.
This position will be responsible for the development and leadership of an independently funded program of research that addresses pertinent issues in the field of consultation liaison psychiatry. The position offers the opportunity for multi-disciplinary scholarly activities as well as the potential for research leadership in a large University Health Sciences Center. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will collaborate with investigators within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and other departments. Current strengths in research at UNM include clinical research on behavioral and pharmacologic treatments, neuroimaging, mechanisms of change, and rural and underserved populations. Educational activities include supervision of medical students, residents, fellows and trainees in multiple disciplines. Albuquerque, New Mexico’s largest city, is located in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley with stunning natural beauty.
We are eager to put together the right package for
an individual with a passion for research and consultation liaison psychiatry. Salary is commensurate with experience and
selection committee will invite the most promising applicants for interviews.
- Doctorate Degree, MD or equivalent;
- Board certified or eligible in Consultation Liaison Psychiatry;
- Successful NIH or other federal, private foundation or comparable research grant preparation experience;
- Experience writing research reports for funding agencies and other consumers;
- A track record of publication of research manuscripts in peer reviewed journals;
- Licensable in New Mexico;
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, including graduate training, in consultation liaison psychiatry research;
- Teaching experience with graduate students, fellows, residents and/or medical students;
- Evidence of potential for leading the development of an independently funded applied behavioral health services research program (e.g., grant funding, research team supervision or comparable experience);
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
A complete application will include a cover letter addressing each of the minimum and preferred qualifications and describing the applicant’s current research program, accomplishments and future goals; a current CV; copies of representative publications; and the names, addresses and contact information for three professional references.
For Additional Information Contact:
Mauricio Tohen, MD, DrPH, MBA
University Distinguished Professor and Chairman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
UNM School of Medicine
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 10/20/2021. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for UNM students and employees. For detailed information, visit https://bringbackthepack.unm.edu/vaccine/vaccine-requirement.html
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
| ||HEJ D&I|