|Working Title||IRB Analyst|
The University of New Mexico is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office. The office supports IRB members and faculty leadership in the administration of human subject research on the UNM Main Campus. The office promotes the safety and protection of individuals involved in human research by providing support, guidance, and education to facilitate ethical and scientifically sound research.
The IRB Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and reviewing human research proposals for completeness and compliance with federal regulations, IRB guidelines, and institutional policies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Performing administrative analysis of research protocols submitted for review by the IRB
- Identifying potential regulatory issues within proposals
- Providing technical support, facilitation, and procedural guidance to IRB Members and researchers on regulatory and pre-review processing matters
- Providing administrative and regulatory support for regularly scheduled IRB meetings
- Compiling and communicating documentation of IRB proceedings, including modifications and determinations
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills to process a heavy workload, under tight deadlines and conflicting priorities, while maintaining constant attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment, to follow through on assignments with minimal direction, and to independently prioritize work
- Experience working with Institutional Review Boards or OHRP/FDA regulations regarding human subject research
- Professional Certifications such as a Certified IRB Professional (CIP), or the ability to obtain such a certification within one (1) year of employment
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to use tact and discretion
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an environment that requires confidentiality of information and records.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Research and Compliance (798H1)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$13.62 to $20.19 per hour|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/1/2017|
|Application Instructions||A complete application will include:
Cover Letter addressing how you meet the preferred qualifications of the position
Writing Sample: Provide a document that you've authored that best demonstrates your written communication skills.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.