|Working Title||Master HVAC Tech|
UNM’s Physical Plant Department (PPD) is seeking a Master HVAC Tech who can proficiently lead trouble-shooting and make repair efforts on commercial grade heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and multi-zone systems that incorporate pneumatic, electronic, and/or programmable logic controls. This position is also responsible to create drawings or plans for HVAC modifications, and lead the installation of components that require controls programming and linkage to the campus central
PPD is responsible for the care and upkeep of the physical campus environment. Additionally, the department maintains the University’s district energy system providing electricity, steam, chilled water and domestic water through its own distribution systems.
For more information about our division visit: https://ppd.unm.edu/services/index.html
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
- Possession of a valid New Mexico driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Must maintain certification status.
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of trades experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Current New Mexico Journeyman's refrigeration Licenses(JR) and one other current New Mexico HVAC/Plumbing related Journeyman's Licenses or equivalent military experience.
Must have one of the following New Mexico Contractors license MM98, MM3 or MM4 and possess an EPA Universal Refrigerant Recovery Certification.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Experience in the following:
- Trouble shooting/repairing low pressure steam heat exchangers in commercial/industrial buildings.
- Maintaining hot water heating boilers and A/C chillers.
- Troubleshooting industrial ventilation systems including make-up air and exhaust systems for
research fume hoods.
- Testing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing pneumatic and direct digital controls on large commercial air handlers.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and adjusting set points using remote computer links.
- Maintaining accurate preventive and corrective maintenance records in portable recording
- Leading lower level technicians performing complex repairs/providing structured training.
***Salary negotiable depending on experience and licenses***
|Additional Requirements||Application must reflect ALL completed education, certifications, and/or licensures to reflect you meet the minimum qualifications for this job.
***Salary negotiable depending on experience and licenses***|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||PPD Area Four (821E5)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||Hourly: $14.98 - $22.47 |
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/13/2017|
|Application Instructions||Please attach: current resume, cover letter and reference list of three (3) prior supervisors and their contact information.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
| ||HEJ D&I|