|Position Summary||American Indian Summer Bridge (AISB) is an elite 5-week college preparation experience for incoming American Indian first-year college students attending The University of New Mexico – Main Campus. AISB students are enrolled in college courses and participate in various student success seminars and extra-curricular activities.|
Seeking Residential Advisors for The AISB Program to serve as mentors and provide supervision for the duration of the program. Under the guidance of the AISB Program Coordinator, the Residential Advisors are primarily responsible for providing support tutoring services; living with AISB participants; planning and supervising all field trips/activities (including evenings and weekends); transporting students to all scheduled events; conducting small group discussions in a variety of topics relevant to college life; and other duties as assigned. Residential Advisors receive extensive training 2 weeks prior to the start of the program where attendance is mandatory and non-negotiable. Residential Advisors are expected to demonstrate a responsible attitude through commitment and sensitivity to each individual student and have an awareness of how diversity intersects in terms of cultural, racial, gender, and ethnic backgrounds. The term of employment is from June 4, 2018 to July 27, 2018.
The department covers the cost of weekday meals from Monday, June 18 – Friday, July 20, 2018; as well as on-campus housing costs from June 15 to July 20, 2018.
Enrolled in a degree seeking program at UNM, Enrolled at least half-time (6 hours) at UNM for fall and spring semesters (Audit hours do not count), and if Work Study, you must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of one academic year (two full semesters with a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester) at UNM Main Campus by the end of Spring 2018.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License. If selected, you are required to submit a copy of your Driver’s License.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Minimum required work hours, regular work hours are NOT included in dates/times below:
o Mon, June 4th-Mon, June 11th -- M, T, W, R, F: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM- Training
o Thursday, June 14th – 1:00-2:00 PM
o Friday, June 15th – 7:00-8:00 PM
o Friday, June 15 – AISB Orientation: 12:30 PM-5:00 PM
o Saturday, June 16– AISB Program Activity: 7:30 AM-1:00 PM
o Weekly 1-hour meetings with AISB Coordinator for duration of AISB
o Friday, July 20 – AISB Recognition Luncheon: 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
o Monday, July 23rd- Wednesday, July 25th: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
o Additional tasks and hours, as assigned.
- Applicants may NOT enroll in courses or hold other job(s) that would interfere with the position for the
duration of the employment term: June 4 to July 27, 2018.
- Completed at least 2 years of college.
- Must be a returning student to UNM Main Campus for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
- Must have successfully completed MATH 121 or higher (with a grade of “B” (not a B-) or better.)
- Demonstrates excellent written and research skills and, preferably, has successfully completed ENGL 120 with a grade of “B” (not a B-) or better.
- Previous AISB RA or participant experience desired.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.