|Working Title||Teacher Aide|
Assists the Educational Director and classroom teachers with curriculum planning, supervision, and teaching of children with the Art-in-the-Schools program and other Harwood Educational Projects and Activities.
Assists in presenting and reinforcing learning concepts related to art and the museum.
Assists with documenting and replenishing inventory supply. Studio maintenance and cleaning. Various reporting required.
This is an on-call position and is not benefits eligible.
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
- Ability to secure and maintain a valid UNM Driver's License.
- A valid New Mexico Driver's License, or ability to obtain a valid NM Driver's License within six months of hire, is required for this job.
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the USUNM Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Must work towards and/or maintain current CDA certification. 1st course must be started within 90 days of date of hire and 1 course completed each year thereafter. (Main Campus employees)
- Must obtain and maintain current adult, child & infant CPR and First Aid Certification. Initial certification must be achieved within 6 weeks of date of hire. (Main Campus employees).
- Must complete the NM 45-hour entry level training course, or equivalent, within 90 days of date of hire. (Main Campus employees)
- Successful candidate must pass a comprehensive post-offer, pre-employment criminal and CYFD fingerprinting background check.
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Experience with art instruction and materials.
- Experience working in a museum.
- Experience working with children
|Additional Requirements||Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.
This position will require a pre-employment criminal background check. Future and/or continued employment in the position is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a satisfactory background check, which is one that does not include any disqualifying findings.|
|Department||Harwood Foundation (124A)|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$9.49 - $12.00 HRLY|
|Benefits Eligible||This is not a benefits eligible position.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/26/2018|
|Application Instructions||Please provide three (3) supervisory references that can be contacted with your application.
High school diploma or GED is required if selected for the position. Official transcripts are required.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.