|Faculty Type||Open Rank|
|Hiring Department||AS Biology General Administrative (048F)|
|Academic Location||College of Arts & Sciences|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
The Department of Biology at the University of New Mexico invites applications for a Lecturer to teach Human Anatomy and Physiology (A&P). The position would start on January 1, 2019, as a full-time, 9-month appointment at the rank of Lecturer II or III, depending on qualifications. The successful candidate will teach courses that comprise a year-long curriculum on human anatomy and physiology and may have other teaching opportunities depending on the needs of the Department. Duties may also include supervising lab preparatory staff and graduate-student teaching assistants in the companion lab courses. Lecturers are non-tenure track faculty with annual reviews of performance and three promotion tiers. Workload is determined by the Chair of the Department of Biology and policies of the University of New Mexico.
1. Master’s in Biology or related field completed by start date of hire (January 1, 2019)
2. A minimum of one semester of post-secondary teaching experience in Anatomy and Physiology or a related field
1. Ph.D. in Biology or a related field.
2. Strong record of effective teaching across Biology curricula.
3. Experience in teaching lecture and lab courses in Human Anatomy and Physiology at the undergraduate-level.
4. Experience with and desire to mentor students from diverse backgrounds.
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
|Application Instructions||Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a teaching statement that describes current and future teaching interests and evidence of teaching effectiveness, a diversity statement, and three letters of recommendation. All application materials must be uploaded and submitted through UNMjobs: https://unmjobs.unm.edu. For best consideration, application materials must be received by October 15, 2019.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 10/15/2018. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
| ||HEJ D&I|