|Working Title||Library Info Specialist 2|
Zimmerman Library has one part-time position for a Library Information Specialist 2. This person will perform an integrated range of tasks and/or services. He/she will provides technical support and assistance in the performance and coordination of routine and moderately complex library duties in access services; monitors daily operations. Also, he/she will coordinate and prioritize work of lower level staff and/or students.
- Monitor and provide access services, including circulation, reserves, and stacks maintenance in Zimmerman Library
- Provide reference and information services to students, staff, faculty and the public, both in person at designated service desks, and via phone, chat, and email, making referrals as appropriate.
- Perform routine to moderately complex tasks, utilizing databases, integrate library systems, and other technologies
- Monitor and perform daily operations
- Share in guiding and supporting the work of student employees.
- Assist staff and librarians with other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
- Shifts may change based on coverage needs
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the USUNM Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience with customer service in libraries, including reference and circulation services delivered in person, by phone, e-mail, chat, text and other emerging technologies
- Knowledge of library access services principles, practices, and terminology
- Skill in the use of computers with a Windows-based operating environment
- Skill in the use of library resources, such as databases and integrated library systems
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Staff Type||Regular - Part-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$12.38 - $18.57 hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||5/25/2017|
|Application Instructions||Please provide a minimum of three current or former supervisory references.
Please include how you meet the preferred qualifications in your cover letter.