Job Posting for Temporary/Part-Time Adjunct Faculty in Early Childhood Education (ECED) Program at the University of New Mexico Gallup Campus.
University of New Mexico Gallup Branch anticipates hiring Adjunct Faculty for the Summer and Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters in the Education, Health & Human Services (EH&HS) Division to teach and/or develop Lower Division Courses (100-200 Level).
Anticipated openings, potentially include the following subjects:
· Child Growth Development & Learning
· Health Safety & Nutrition
· Family Community Collaboration
· Guiding Young Children
· Curriculum Development through Play: Birth through Age 4 (PreK)
· Curriculum Development through Play: Birth through Age 4 (PreK) Practicum
· Intro to Language, Literacy & Reading
· Curriculum Development & Implementation Age 3 (PreK) through Grade 3
· Curriculum Development & Implementation Age 3 (PreK) through Grade 3 Practicum
· Assessment of Children and Evaluation Programs
· Infant Toddler, Growth, and Development: Prenatal to Age 3
· Topics Course: Teaching Science to Young Children
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for the UNM-Gallup Branch, located in Gallup, NM, approximately 130 miles west of Albuquerque, NM.
UNM-Gallup is a two-year branch campus of the University of New Mexico located approximately 130 miles west of Albuquerque. The University of New Mexico established branch colleges to provide the highest quality of education for students pursuing post-secondary education at different locations throughout the state. Branch colleges respond specifically to the unique needs and multicultural backgrounds of their respective communities by offering community education programs, career and technical education including certificate and associate degree programs, and transfer programs that prepare students for upper division entry into colleges and universities.
The EH&HS Division at UNM Gallup Branch is seeking qualified temporary part-time faculty members to teach lower division classes in various courses or topics as specified above. UNM-Gallup instructors are responsible for all aspects of any class they are teaching including but not limited to meeting with the class during assigned times that may include online, evenings and/or weekends, content delivery, assignment development, grading assignments, reporting of grades, and assessment of student learning as outlined by the department chair.
Positions are contingent upon need each semester as determined by student enrollment levels, current course offering matrix, and demand driven by graduation requirements. Positions may be filled or eliminated each semester up to the deadline for students to drop or add courses. Candidates who are selected for these positions will report to the Division Chair.
Adjunct faculty are currently compensated on the basis of their credentials and credit hour course loads, as follows:
CredentialsRate per Credit Hour
Bachelor, less than 12 hours college teaching $701
Bachelor, plus 12 hours college teaching $736
Masters, less than 12 hours College Teaching $736
Master, plus 12 hours College teaching $775
Terminal Degree, less than 12 hours College teaching $812
Terminal Degree, plus 12 hours College teaching $846
Best Consideration Dates
For best consideration, please apply by these date:
April 30, 2019 for Summer 2019 Semester
May 31, 2019 for Fall 2019 Semester
October 30, 2019 for Spring 2020 Semester
This posting will remain active until March 31, 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree in area of education or related educational field.
- 3 years of experience teaching in early childhood or elementary education or related teaching experience of 3 years with young children.
- Master's Degree in area of education or related education field.
- 4 years of experience teaching in early childhood or teaching in elementary education.
- 2 years teaching experience at a college institution.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.