Job Posting for Temporary/Part-Time Adjunct Faculty in Construction Technology at the University of New Mexico Gallup Campus
University of New Mexico Gallup Branch anticipates hiring Adjunct Faculty for the Summer and Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters in the Business & Applied Technology Division to teach and/or develop Lower Division Courses (100-200 Level).
Anticipated openings, potentially include the following subjects:
· Layout and Framing
· Roofing and Siding
· Exterior Finishing
· NCCER Core Curriculum
· Interior Finishing
· Cabinet Building
· Plumbing Theory
· Concrete Block Construction
· Passive Solar Adobe
· Concrete Pouring and Finishing
· Principles of Electricity
· Electrical Wiring
· Commercial Wiring
· Renewable Energy Active System
· Sustainable Landscape
· Central Heating Systems
· Green Building/Design
· Furniture Construction
· Residential Electrical Code
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for the UNM-Gallup Branch, located in Gallup, NM, approximately 130 miles west of Albuquerque, NM.
UNM-Gallup is a two-year branch campus of the University of New Mexico located approximately 130 miles west of Albuquerque. The University of New Mexico established branch colleges to provide the highest quality of education for students pursuing post-secondary education at different locations throughout the state. Branch colleges respond specifically to the unique needs and multicultural backgrounds of their respective communities by offering community education programs, career and technical education including certificate and associate degree programs, and transfer programs that prepare students for upper division entry into colleges and universities.
The Business & Applied Technology Division at UNM Gallup Branch is seeking qualified temporary part-time faculty members to teach lower division classes in various courses or topics as specified above. UNM-Gallup instructors are responsible for all aspects of any class they are teaching including but not limited to meeting with the class during assigned times that may include evenings and/or weekends, content delivery, assignment development, grading assignments, reporting of grades, and assessment of student learning as outlined by the department chair.
Positions are contingent upon need each semester as determined by student enrollment levels, current course offering matrix, and demand driven by graduation requirements. Positions may be filled or eliminated each semester up to the deadline for students to drop or add courses. Candidates who are selected for these positions will report to the Division Chair.
Wages - Adjunct faculty are currently compensated on the basis of their credentials and credit hour course loads, as follows:
Credentials Rate per Credit Hour
Bachelor, plus 12 hours college teaching $736
Bachelor, less than 12 hours college teaching $701
Experience at Journeyman $736
Best Consideration Dates - For best consideration, please apply by these date:
April 30, 2019 for Summer 2019 Semester
June 30, 2019 for Fall 2019 Semester
October 31, 2019 for Spring 2020 Semester
This posting will remain active until March 31, 2020.
|Qualifications||Minimum Qualifications: |
* New Mexico Contractor License (or eligible to take exam); or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Education or similar degree; or Associate’s degree in Applied Science in Construction technology plus two years trades experience, or four years trades experience (only related license, degree and verifiable trades experience at the supervisory level will be considered).
* Four years of directly related experience teaching in a secondary or post-secondary institution in the general areas of Construction Technology (Electrical, Plumbing, Building Trades, Heat & Air Conditioning, Masonry, Cabinet/Furniture Making, etc.).
* Knowledge and/or experience in curriculum development.
* Teaching/Trades experience in a multi-cultural environment.
* A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.