|Hiring Department||Gallup Branch|
|Academic Location||Gallup Branch|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
|Position Summary||The University of New Mexico Gallup (UNM-Gallup) Branch invites applicants for the position of Lecturer I in Automotive the Business & Applied Technology Division. Applicants must be prepared to teach fifteen (15) credit hours or the equivalent per semester in the Center for Career and Technology Education (CCTE) and College programs. This position requires lecturing and supervising lab and field projects in the general areas of Automotive Technology (Brake systems, Fuel systems, Electrical systems, Steering and Suspension, Emission control, etc.), demonstrating growth in the knowledge of his/her particular subjects and in the ability to facilitate the learning process, achieving and maintaining a high level of competency as a teacher of students, participating in curriculum development, recruiting and student advisement, maintaining program/student files, tool/equipment maintenance and inventory control, attending departmental meetings, participating in college service through standing committees and following all policies and procedures of the UNM-Gallup Campus. Classes for this position may include online, evenings and/or weekends.|
UNM-Gallup is the largest of four branch community colleges of the University and serves approximately 2,200 students. Gallup is located 138 miles west of Albuquerque, and UNM Albuquerque. Gallup has a population of approximately 22,000 and the area provides an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities within some of the most beautiful red rock country in the Southwest. Located near the Navajo and Zuni Reservations, UNM-Gallup has the largest Native American student body and is designated as a Department of Education Minority-Serving Institution. UNM-Gallup is fully accredited by the North Central Association.
- Bachelor's Degree in Automotive Engineering, Education or related field; OR Associate Degree of Applied Science in Automotive Technology or related field plus two years trades experience; OR Four years of trades verifiable trades experience at the supervisory level.
- ASE certification in at least four (4) areas.
- Four years of directly related experience in a secondary or post-secondary institution in the general areas of Automotive Technology (Brake systems, Fuel systems, Electrical systems, Steering and Suspension, Emission control, etc.).
- Knowledge and/or experience in curriculum development.
- Teaching/Trades experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
|Application Instructions||To apply, please submit the following materials: 1. Curriculum Vitae 2. Transcript(s) and/or Certification(s) sufficient to assess Minimum Qualifications 3. Cover Letter 4. Three professional references who can speak directly to your relevant knowledge, skills and experience.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 5/24/2019. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.