The College Enrichment & Outreach Programs (CEOP) is pleased to announce the opening of a Program Manager position.
The Program Manager will direct and implement the goal and programmatic activities of the federally-funded U.S. Department of Education TRiO - Upward Bound Program. Upward Bound is one of eight federally funded TRiO programs and was established to provide fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their pre-college performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves high school students from low-income families and high school students from families in which neither parent/guardian holds a bachelor's degree. The goal is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of post-secondary education.
The UNM Upward Bound Program Manager is responsible for the management of program activities, supervision of program staff, compliance with federal and university requirements, record keeping of fiscal and student data, and evaluation of program objectives:
- Responsible for implementing and executing all program objectives established in the grant application
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise program staff
- Communicate with federal program specialists and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Manage the annual budget and monitor financial expenditures by ensuring they are cost effective and allowable per EDGAR regulations
- Prepare and submit Annual Performance Report (APR) before the government published deadlines
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, university rules and regulations
- Collaborate and maintain ongoing relationships with other TRiO programs, target schools, and university/community stakeholders.
This position is multifaceted and impacts many key performance initiatives the university promotes to ensure that students are successful. As a result, the ability and willingness to collaborate with other departments, academic units, internal/external donors, and other university stakeholders is essential.
May be required to work above and beyond an 8-5 schedule and must work on Saturday’s
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience 2 of which are management level experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or a related field
- NM State teaching license in secondary education in a specific area of expertise as appropriate
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience organizing large events/conferences
- Experience with the college admissions / scholarship processes
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English)
||This is a TRiO - Upward Bound grant from the U.S. Department of Education. This is a 5 year grant and will last from 09/01/2017 - 8/31/2022.
-This position works directly with minors. Successful candidate must pass a comprehensive post-offer, pre-employment criminal background check.
- Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.
||Main - Albuquerque, NM
||Assoc VP Stu SvcCollege Enrich Prgm (027A)
||Term - Full-Time
|Term End Date
||$3,434.31 - $4,500 monthly
||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
|Background Check Required
|For Best Consideration Date
||For best consideration, please attach a Resume, Cover Letter, List of 3 Professional References and proof of any educational degree(s). Official transcripts will be required prior to hire. Cover letter should highlight your experience working with under-represented student populations and federally-funded programs
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.