The University of New Mexico Valencia Campus is seeking a Manager for the Small Business Development Center. The Small Business Development Manager will manage the planning, development, marketing and operation of the center, providing local small business development assistance and support adhering to relevant State and Federal legislation, regulations, and guidelines.
Job Duties Include:
- Planning, developing and coordinating integrated programs and services.
- Provide direct consultant, training, and assistance to clients in the development of business plans and loan packages.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan and promote the services of the center.
- Establish relations with local financial institutions, other relevant service providers, and the local business community.
- Analyze need, develop, coordinate, and/or conduct training courses, seminars, and workshops for clients.
- Identify and recruit instructors for educational programs, arrange and negotiate service contracts.
- Develop and prepare budgets, monitor expenditures and prepares reports and projections.
- Supervise personnel including recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Represents the center on various local and regional committees and/or at various meetings and conferences to promote local business and economic development.
Located about 30 miles south of Albuquerque in rural Valencia county, the University of New Mexico-Valencia Campus is a two-year branch campus of the University of New Mexico which functions as a community college in the region and is designated a Hispanic Serving Institution. With an emphasis on teaching excellence, Valencia Campus offers academic transfer programs, technical vocational programs, Adult Basic Education, and Dual Credit High School/College courses to Valencia and Socorro Counties. The faculty and staff serve a student body of over 2,000 credit students per semester.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.