|Hiring Department||ASM FII Department Administration (039D)|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
The Anderson School of Management at the University of New
Mexico invites applications for a Lecturer position in the Department of
Finance, International, Technology Management and Entrepreneurship. The
appointment begins no later than August 2020. The successful candidate will be
responsible for teaching finance courses at the graduate and undergraduate
levels, depending on departmental needs. The teaching load for this position is
four courses per semester. Applicants are expected to teach finance courses as
assigned by the FITE Department’s Chair.
The Anderson School is AACSB accredited. Its management
programs enroll approximately 1,000 undergraduate students and 500 graduate
students. The School and the Department emphasize excellent learning experience
for students; this includes experiential learning, collaborative student
interaction, active adult learning, team experience, and scholarship that draw
upon a variety of pedagogic methods and subject areas.
- MBA or a Master/Ph.D. degree in Finance or a
related field by August 17, 2020
- one or more years teaching experience in Finance
at a business school or in a corporate setting
or potential for excellence in teaching as seen from all stakeholder groups
including but not limited to students and departmental finance faculty
with current departmental teaching needs
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
|Application Instructions||Applicants should attach the following documents:
1) a letter describing the interest in joining the Anderson School faculty and the qualifications for the position (see Minimum Qualifications and Preferences above);
2) a current vita;
3) all instructor evaluation scores and course syllabi for finance courses. (please combine all materials for a specific course into a single file and label with the prefix ‘Teaching’);
4) the contact information of at least three references (including phone numbers, email addresses, and mailing addresses) who will be willing to write letters of recommendation; once finalists are identified, UNM will conduct a reference check and request letters of recommendation for immediate submission.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 2/7/2020. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
| ||HEJ D&I|