The University of New Mexico College of Nursing invites exceptional candidates to apply for a faculty position. The primary focus of the position is to teach content in the undergraduate program at both Main and HSC Rio Rancho Campuses. Responsibilities include clinical, skills lab, simulation, and didactic teaching. This is a full time 12-month appointment.
The College of Nursing is a diverse community of educators, researchers, learners, and collaborators dedicated to the advancement of providing health education and practice. The selected individual will receive an academic appointment commensurate with credentials and qualifications. We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package.
The University of New Mexico is New Mexico’s flagship R1 research intensive institution occupying nearly 800 acres near old Route 66 in the heart of Albuquerque, a metropolitan area of more than 500,000 people. The College of Nursing provides exemplary and innovative education, research, practice, service, and leadership intended to advance the science of nursing and improve tribal, state, national, and global health. The College of Nursing is part of a vibrant Health Sciences Center (HSC), which includes New Mexico’s only Level 1 trauma center and medical school. The HSC provides an exceptional education for more than 1500 students each year in 21 different health fields. The HSC is known for cutting edge research with more than $165 million in extramural research funding. The HSC has an established Clinical & Translational Science Center that provides extensive opportunities and resources to support collaborative research in a variety of interest areas.
- At least two years clinical and/or teaching experience in Medical Surgical and/or Critical Care Nursing within the last 5 years
- Must be eligible for licensure in New Mexico or hold a license in a compact state
- MSN or Doctoral degree (PhD, DNP, DNSc, DRPH, or equivalent) from a recognized Carnegie Ranked Institution of higher education
- Certified Nurse Educator or other professional certification
- Nursing Simulation Experience
- Experience teaching in Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- Experience with online course development and teaching
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.