The College of Arts and Sciences Advisement Center is very excited to announce we are hiring. We are looking for two talented and energetic leaders to take on the role of Supervisor of Academic Advisement. One Supervisor will oversee the STEM Cluster of Advisement. The other Supervisor will oversee the Humanities/Interdisciplinary Cluster of Advisement. The selected candidates will report to the Manager of Arts & Sciences Advisement and work in a team of three Supervisors (3rd Supervisor leads Social/Behavioral Cluster), in a lively, dynamic and innovative work environment. As the leader of your advisement team, it will be your responsibility to connect with and engage the departments to continuously improve advising and student success. You will set the tone for further integration of advisors in academic units. You will assess the realization of these endeavors and work with your team to improve overall programming of Advisement in A&S.
Supervisor of STEM Academic Advisement oversees a team of six advisors covering the majors of: Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Environmental Science, Geography, Mathematics and Statistics, and Physics and Astrophysics.
Supervisor of Humanities/Interdisciplinary Academic Advisor oversees a team of six advisors covering the majors of: Africana Studies, American Studies, Anthropology, Asian Studies, Chicano-Chicana Studies, Communication and Journalism, Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies, East Asian Studies, English, French, German, History, International Studies, Languages, Latin American Studies, Philosophy, Portuguese, Religious Studies, Russian, Spanish, and Women Studies.
Supervisors lead his/her team in various activities required of a C2D2 model of advising (centrally coordinated, de-centrally delivered) including but not limited to:
· Provides information, training, and consultation to Department Chairs and faculty.
· Provides training, guidance, and support to Academic Advisors.
· Maintains schedules and assigns activities based on department and college need.
· Coordinates Advisement Center activities and priorities with the Associate Dean, Manager, and other two Supervisors.
· Provides second level of advisement by referral for all disciplines within their cluster.
· Provides direct academic advisement to students as necessary.
· May teach success courses to new students and students on academic probation
If you have a desire to positively affect the collegiate experience of Arts & Sciences students and want to engage in management of a large advisement team, then we look forward to your application.
See the Position Description for additional information.