|Faculty Type||Open Rank|
|Hiring Department||IM Nephrology (852N)|
|Academic Location||School of Medicine|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
|Position Summary||The University of New Mexico,
Health Sciences Center, Department of Internal Medicine, seeks faculty members
to join the Division of Nephrology. The
position is for an Open Rank on the Research track. Salary and rank will be commensurate with
experience and education. |
- Doctorate obtained must have a relevant major (medicine subspecialty-relevant major: physiology/pathophysiology career focus);
- Must be eligible to work in US.
- Research expertise (basic, translational, and clinical science) in diabetes mellitus and its complications (diabetic nephropathy).
- Leadership of externally-funded laboratory. Honors or awards supporting a track record of recognition.
- Membership of the American Society of Nephrology and American Heart Association.
- Service to a graduate advisory committee specifically with Biomedical engineering experience.
- Knowledge of corporate science and academic science to include grantsmanship and knowledge of the scientific peer review process.
- Track record of research funding (as a PI) Editorial Board membership.
- Manuscript review history for diabetes and/or physiology-relevant journals.
- History of Teaching, specifically cellular and molecular medicine, physiology.
- Directorship of graduate program(s) (e.g., pharmacology, toxicology, physiology, human morphology, neuroscience, immunology, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular genetics).
- Experience in training graduate students and medical students. International collaborations.
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
A complete application includes :
- Cover Letter
Inquiries may be directed to Brent Wagner MD, Director of the Kidney Institute of New Mexico, University of New Mexico at (email@example.com).
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 4/3/2020. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.