The Office of Education, within UNM Health Sciences Center’s Department of Internal Medicine, seeks an experienced and highly motivated Academic Program Manager to oversee our Internal Medicine Residency and Clerkship programs. Under the general supervision of the Vice-Chair of Education, the Academic Program Manager must work to ensure that all administrative requirements of the residency and clerkship programs are met.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervising the administrative personnel within the office, including work allocation, training, performance evaluation, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution
- Managing the funding of the office: developing annual budgets, tracking, approving and monitoring budget expenditures, and providing reports as needed
- Maintaining knowledge of accreditation rules and regulations and help ensure ongoing compliance with all requirements
- Developing and implementing systems and processes to maintain records for the office and ensure that all reporting to accrediting agencies is accomplished
- Planning and implementing recruiting activities for the residency program; which includes organizing events, navigating websites involved in the process, data management, and coordination of schedules with multiple faculty and staff
- Serve as a liaison among the program director, training site administrative personnel, and the designated institutional official, as well as other department, division, resident, medical student, and outside agency personnel (including ABIM, ACGME, medical boards, ERAS, NRMP)
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the management, supervision and development of staff, and strategic planning and process improvement in a business environment
The Department of Internal Medicine is a large, progressive department with a diverse staff working in dedicated teams to provide quality work in an organized, effective and efficient manner through innovation, training, and education. Through our collaborative work effort, we support the faculty and enhance the missions of the department, school, Health Sciences Center and University.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.