|Hiring Department||Psychology Department (765A)|
|Academic Location||College of Arts & Sciences|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
The Department of Psychology at The University of New Mexico (UNM) invites applications for a Clinical Neuropsychology position at an Assistant Professor level for a full-time, tenure-track appointment targeted to begin August 12, 2019.
We seek a highly committed Clinical Neuropsychologist who is determined to contribute to the research and teaching missions in the areas of clinical neuropsychology. Successful candidates for this position will be expected to teach and mentor at the undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral levels, including graduate level courses in neuropsychological assessment. The UNM Department of Psychology, which includes 26 tenure-track faculty and 76 Ph.D. students, has internationally recognized research programs. External research grants exceeded $8 million in funding last year. The successful candidate will have numerous opportunities for collaboration within the department and in thriving cross-disciplinary research centers affiliated with UNM, including the Psychology Clinical Neuroscience Center; the Mind Research Network; the Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions; the Brain and Behavioral Health Institute; the UNM Cancer Center; UNM Health Sciences Center, Memory and Aging Center, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Center for Brain Recovery and Repair, the Division of Community Behavioral Health; the New Mexico Alcohol Research Center; and the Center for Health Policy at UNM. The UNM Main and Health Sciences campuses are adjacent to one another, facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration.
UNM is the state’s flagship University and is one of only two Hispanic-serving, Carnegie Research/Doctoral-Extensive institutions in the US. UNM is located in the high desert locale of Albuquerque, NM, the largest urban area in one of the most diverse states in the nation. For more information on the benefits of living and working in Albuquerque, NM, see https://advance.unm.edu/why-abq/ and https://www.newmexico.org/.
· A doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an APA/CPA/PCSAS accredited program at the time of appointment
· APA/CPA approved clinical psychology internship
· Evidence of training in clinical neuropsychological assessment
· Evidence of research in clinical neuropsychology
· Evidence of teaching experience broadly defined as teaching undergraduate or graduate courses, workshops, trainings, or teaching assistantships
· Research experience, as evidenced by publications and ongoing research in clinical neuropsychology and/or clinical neuroscience
· Demonstrated potential for research funding and to develop research collaboration
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, including working with broadly diverse communities
· Pre and postdoctoral training that demonstrates a breadth of experiences in the provision and supervision of clinical neuropsychological assessment
|Application Instructions||Applicants should submit cover letter, CV, description of current and planned research, teaching statement, and diversity statement via the UNM website: https://unmjobs.unm.edu, posting requisition #6595. Three letters of recommendation must be sent directly to the department (MSC03-2220, Dept. Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 11/15/2018. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
| ||HEJ D&I|