The University of New Mexico Bookstores is searching for a creative, experienced and detail-oriented individual to join our leadership team as the Senior Marketing Rep. We are committed to supporting the academic mission of the University of New Mexico through innovation, collaboration and maintaining a standard of excellence.
This full-time, exempt position will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan to target multiple aspects our university and local communities. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, and able to prioritize and shift gears quickly.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and guiding the department’s marketing assistants in creating valuable, relevant and educational content for our customers and university community.
- Conceptualize, design and produce marketing materials for various promotions and events including all advertisements, digital signage, printed materials, web and social media content
- Develop and manage all social media plans
- Create press releases and mass email communications
- Oversee New Student Orientation presentations
- Design, maintain and edit website content, including the use of Google Analytics
- Assist in planning, coordination and working special events
- Perform opening/closing duties as a member of the management team
- Create and distribute data analysis of individual campaigns
- Effectively communicate information about the UNM Bookstore to students, faculty, staff and the community
- Manage, order and stock promotional products
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Advance skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with web content management
- Social media marketing experience
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Advance knowledge with Microsoft suite
- Skill in the use of computers and related software applications, especially experience in using MS Word and Excel
- Experience with marketing analytics
- Attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Familiarity with UNM branding standards
||Main - Albuquerque, NM
||Bookstore Main Campus (219A)
||Regular - Full-Time
|Term End Date
||$2,986.30 to $3,732.62 monthly DOE
||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
|Background Check Required
|For Best Consideration Date
||A cover letter is required and must address how each preferred qualification has/hasn’t been met, performed, demonstrated or learned. A current resume must also be included with three previous supervisory references to contact. Also, please attach any relevant examples of your work product from any of the software programs listed in the preferred qualifications.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.