The University of New Mexico College of Nursing is looking for a Faculty member to fill the Director of Simulation position. The Director of Simulation provides clinical, educational, and technical expertise in the development, implementation, assessment and evaluation of simulation-based educational experiences in two locations (Albuquerque & Rio Rancho). Responsible for working with faculty, staff and students to ensure the highest quality simulation learning activities are integrated and implemented across the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
The Director of Simulation is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Simulation Center for the College of Nursing and for facilitating the mission and vision of the Inter-professional Healthcare Simulation Center. This position is responsible for all aspects of certification and accreditation related to the simulation center.
- Collaborate with faculty to align integration of simulation throughout the curriculum in graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to simulation-based education research and develop an innovative, self-directed, and robust program of research in the field of simulation-based education.
- Ensure simulation activities contribute to the body of knowledge in the simulation community and nursing.
- Ensure that the Society for Simulation Healthcare core standards, and statements are met.
- Obtain accreditation through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare within 5 years from date of hire and maintain accreditation.
- Serve as a resource to the faculty for simulation-based education.
- Implement updated current evidence-based simulation modalities based on research and peer reviewed publications.
- Apply simulation pedagogy for graduate and undergraduate students and programs.
- Initiate and collaborate in the development and evaluation of educational and healthcare products.
- Collection of SIMS data as well as publishing of the SIMS center activities
- Select and manage the purchase of equipment and educational aides for simulation (manikins, software, media) to facilitate the educational mission of the CoN.
- Develop and maintain SIMIQ inventory system for simulation and related supplies
- Collaborate with faculty to plan, design, write, implement, evaluate, and review simulation scenarios to meet curriculum objectives.
- Partner with HSC Interdisciplinary Teams to develop and implement simulation-based educational experiences
- Evaluate simulation learning outcomes and recommend revisions to simulation scenarios as needed.
- Assess and evaluate facilitation and debriefing to ensure integration of standards of best practice
- In collaboration with the undergraduate and graduate program directors, oversee the scheduling of rooms/space at the IHSC.
- Supervise the simulation staff on a day-to-day basis including approving leave and time sheet forms.
- Maintain Healthcare Simulation Educator certification through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare
The Director facilitates communication for development and effective delivery of simulation. The individual in this position is also responsible for maintaining communication with CON Administration, faculty, and staff to ensure adherence to CON, University and state/federal policies. The Director will implement and maintain a comprehensive evaluation plan, policies and procedures, and identify opportunities for research and evidenced based simulation. The Director will lead the process of continuous program improvement and provide a comprehensive annual report.
- PhD or equivalent
- At least 5 years of clinical education experience
- Leadership experience
- Nursing Degree
- Eligible for RN licensure in NM
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
To receive full consideration please attach a complete application that includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three professional references with one being the most current employer including name, telephone number, and e-mail address. References will be checked at final stage of consideration.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.